Facilities Including LRC
Facilities at CTK St Mary’s
You will have a range of specialist facilities and resources to support your studies at CTK St Mary’s.
Fantastic learning resources
Our spacious, state of the art Learning Resources Centre (LRC) is open throughout the day for independent study and is managed by a team of specialist staff. You will be able to take advantage of computer, printing and scanning facilities, as well as three group study rooms to facilitate collaborative working.
You will have access to more than 7,000 books to help and inspire you, along with digital resources and online learning materials; individual study guides for each academic subject; specialist journals, periodicals and newspapers; high specification computers, scanners and internet.
Computers, many with industry-standard software, are available throughout the sixth form centre. You will be able to use wi-fi on site and access your home drive files off site.
Other facilities include:
- A fitness suite and sports teaching area with modern changing rooms.
- A modern canteen.
- Two media suites with digital editing and recording facilities.
- A recording studio – including mixing, editing and recording facilities.
- A suite of specialist art, design and technology rooms, including two networked suites of Apple Mac computers.
- Four fully equipped science laboratories.
- Numerous dedicated student support areas.
- Eight networked computer rooms.
- A Chaplaincy area including a Chapel and Chapel common room.
Convinced that CTK St Mary’s is the right choice for you?
- Dwayne ST MARY'S Course: A Level History, Spanish, Maths
“I'm aiming to study Computer Science at the University of Sheffield. At CTK all students are equally as motivated to do well, it's a good environment to be in. Teachers really try their hardest to make sure that their students achieve what they are capable of and ensure you get the best grades possible.”
- Ella Mae ST MARY'S Grades achieved: A A B A Course: A Level Law Level Psychology A Level Sociology Extended Project
“What I enjoyed about CTK was meeting students from different backgrounds and sharing a desire to succeed. As an Advanced Graduate Programme student, I was given the motivation and confidence to work to the best of my ability. ”
- Samad ST MARY'S Course: A Level Media, English Literature and Language and French
“I have really enjoyed my course trips. Also, knowing that everyone else is starting Sixth Form at the same time as you, makes meeting new people and fitting in a lot easier and fun. My teachers have helped me overcome my fear of interacting during class discussions. They encouraged me to participate by giving presentations to the whole class, which boosted my confidence. Teachers will motivate you to achieve the best of your ability.”
- Oluwafoluhanmi ST MARY'S Course: A Level Biology, Chemistry and PE
“Although studying A Levels can be challenging, my teachers make my lessons enjoyable and easier to understand. The teachers at CTK are really friendly and are more than happy to help. I hope to go on to study Physiotherapy at University.”
- Alice ST MARY'S Grades achieved: D*D*D* Course: BTEC Sport and Exercise Science Level 3
“I'm going to St Mary's University, Twickenham to study Sport Science. My BTEC course was unique. The pastoral support at CTK was excellent and the extra support from teachers helped me stay on track. I would recommend CTK because of the support that staff give students”